Interested in learning more about Strengths?
Request one of these sessions or work with a staff member to make a custom one for your group! Sessions are general about 1 hour long, and include a variety of activities for students to engage in. All participants are not required to have taken Strengths, but it can be helpful.
To request a presentation please email us with tentative information including date, time, location, and audience. Please allow two weeks before the scheduled presentation. Below are available sessions:
- Leadership is inherently an interpersonal process, and in many situations, leaders will find themselves in the position of working with individuals who have different backgrounds, beliefs, and/or experiences than they do. This session offers participants the chance to learn about other strengths and how strengths can influence perspective taking.
- You can engage in a variety of opportunities at the University of Iowa, learn more about your Strengths and how you can use them both in and outside of the classroom.
- Working together is not just about achieving an outcome; it is about participating in a process. This session offers participants the chance to learn more about how strengths can impact and promote greater team dynamics.
Individual Theme Presentations
- Want to learn more about a specific Strength? These sessions provide a comprehensive overview of whichever Strength you want to learn more about.
- Use your strengths, and understand your roommate(s), to resolve conflict and have a thriving relationship.
- Learning is essential to leadership development. This session offers participants the chance to increase understanding of their Top 5 strengths and how to use them in everyday life.
- Learn more about your Strengths, and how understanding those can help you take control of your study skills.
- Learn more about your Strengths, and how understanding those can help you take control of your time management as a student.